PADI Divemaster Course
Looking for the first step in working with scuba as a career? Your adventure into the professional levels of recreational scuba diving begins with the PADI Divemaster program. Working closely with a PADI Instructor at Bolton Area Divers, in this program you expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the professional level. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers. PADI Divemaster is the prerequisite certification for both the PADI Assistant Instructor and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certifications.
During the PADI Divemaster program, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study.
You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organise and solve problems as well as help others improve their scuba. You put this knowledge into action through a structured internship or series of practical training exercises.
After becoming certified as a PADI Divemaster you will be authorised to :
- Supervise both training and non-training-related activities by planning, organising and directing dives.
- Assist a PADI Instructor during the training sessions for any PADI Diver course
- Conduct the PADI Skin Diver course and PADI Discover Snorkelling program
- Conduct the PADI Discover Local Diving experience
- Conduct the PADI Scuba Review program
- If qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program
- Earn the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Speciality Instructor rating to be able to teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specially
- Independently guide Open Water Diver course students on the tour portion of Open Water Diver course Training Dives 2, 3 and 4 at a ratio of two student divers per certified divemaster
- Accompany Open Water Diver students under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor during surface swims to and from the entry/exit point and during navigational exercises so when the instructor conducts a skill, such as an ascent or descent, a Divemaster can remain with other student divers (with an individual student or buddy team)
- Accompany student divers during Adventure Dives or Specialty training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Conduct the PADI Seal Team Skin Diver Specialist AquaMission
- Conduct subsequent dives under an instructor’s indirect supervision for Discover Scuba Diving participants after participants have satisfactorily completed the first dive with a PADI Instructor
- Teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing an Emergency First Response Instructor course. At a glance, compare what you can teach when you continue your professional diver education
The Learning Materials
- The PADI Divemaster crewpack includes everything you’ll need to start the PADI Divemaster program. The complete set of materials includes :
- PADI Instructor Manual
- Divemaster slates
- PADI Divemaster Manual
- The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving – a comprehensive overview of diving physics, physiology, and equipment
- CD-ROM with instructor outlines for Divemaster-conducted programs (exclusive item not available for purchase separately)
Start your online theory now! Just click here.
How Long Will it Take?
We usually run the theory and pool sessions over 2 consecutive weekends :
- 3 full days in the classroom
- 2 afternoon sessions in the local pool
As little time or as much time a you want for your internship
Training and dive skill evaluation
Air Fills and Entrance to dive sites /hotel expenses when working as required staff
Educational materials are priced separately as most candidates will already have some materials.
Instruction by a PADI Instructor
To take this course, you must be:
18 years old
- A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organisation)
- A PADI Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organisation)
- An Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (or qualifying first aid and CPR training from another organisation) course completion within the past 24 months
- Have at least 20 dives to begin the course and 60 for certification
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months. If you need to get in touch with a doctor we have one that can be used. They will be more than happy to help.
PADI Divemaster – £400 (£325 no materials)
PADI Divemaster Loyalty – £250 (This is if you have completed 5 courses with us previously)
PADI Divemaster eLearning – £450 (£375 no materials)
PADI Divemaster Loyalty eLearning – £300 (This is if you have completed 5 courses with us previously)
Have a look if we have any dates for courses coming up by viewing our calendar.