Exploration, Excitement, Experiences. They’re what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. And no, you don’t have to be “advanced” to take it – it’s designed so you can go straight into it after the PADI Open Water Diver course.
The Advanced Open Water Diver course helps you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water.
You’ll hone your skills by completing five adventure dives that introduce you to:
- Underwater navigation
- Deeper water diving (typically anywhere from 18-30 metres/ 60-100 feet)
- A sampler of three more Adventure Dives of your choice
Get credit! Each Adventure Dive in the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course may credit toward the first dive of the corresponding PADI Speciality Diver course
What you learn:
The knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Open Water Diver course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include:
- Practical aspects of deep diving
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving
- More ways to use your underwater compass
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
- How to better use your dive computer and electronic Recreational Dive PlannerTM (eRDMLTM)
And much, much more, depending on the Adventure Dives you choose.
- All Equipment Hire
- Supervision by a PADI professional instructor
- Air fills
- All Course Materials
- Certification Card
PADI Advanced Open Water (Local) – £275
PADI Advanced Open Water (Oban or Cornwall) – £375
To enroll on the PADI Advanced Course you must:
Have a PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organisation)
Be in good health, reasonably fit, and comfortable in the water. See our medical form here.
Be a minimum of 12 years old