Bolton Area Divers are proud to be an Ocean Reef training provider, authorised stocking dealer and service centre.
Whether you are looking to try something a bit different with your diving or just want to have a more natural breathing experience underwater, the Ocean Reef full face mask will allow you to do just that.
Benefits of diving with a Full Face Mask
- Warm face when diving in cooler conditions
- A more natural breathing experience as you breathe through your nose or mouth, something you can’t choose with traditional masks
- Very difficult to let water into your mask, even when you are trying, so leaking (even with facial hair) is pretty much impossible
- No fogging of the mask due to the one-way valve system in place, removing any moisture from your breath
- Do away with vague hand signals with the option an underwater communications system, allowing you to talk and listen to your budding during a dive
- Much better peripheral vision than in a standard dive mask
What you learn:
As with most new diving equipment, it is always advisable to get trained on safe and effective use of the equipment before jumping in. Whilst the Ocean Reef IDM is easy to use, it is only safe to use after you have completed recognised training on the system. At Bolton Area Divers, we have several qualified Instructors and offer regular training courses throughout the year.
There are several different types of full face masks, so you begin learning about varying mask features and components. You learn techniques for preparing and diving with a full face mask as well as proper maintenance. During a confined water dive, you get comfortable using your mask and practice skills in preparation for your open water dives. In open water, during two dives, you’ll demonstrate your ability to:
- Properly prepare and check your mask for the dive.
- Make adjustments underwater and clear water out of the mask.
- Respond to simulated out-of-gas emergency situations.
Although Bolton Area Divers can provide the IDMs and Communications systems for your training, many people choose to get their own to learn in so they are more familiar with their own kit. As an Ocean Reef authorised stocking dealer, we stock the full range of Ocean Reef Integrated Dive Masks. Our staff can give you advice and guidance in selecting the right IDM for you.
Bolton Area Divers is also a service centre for Ocean Reef, so whether you have a technical question or need to get your mask serviced, we can do all this for you on site.
What is included:
- Ocean Reef Integrated Dive Mask
- Supervision by a PADI professional instructor
- All Course Materials
- Pool hire
- Certification Card
- Refreshments during classroom based learning.
Try Dive with IDM only- £30
Try Dive with IDM and Underwater Communications- £30
PADI Full Face Mask Diver Certification- £150
PADI Underwater Communications Certification- £200
To book on this course you must be PADI Open Water or above who are at least 12 years old. Be in good health, reasonably fit, and comfortable in the water. See our medical form here.